We offer courses and workshops for:
- Science Week
- Home-school groups
- Holiday Programs
- Science Clubs
- Outside School Hours Care (OSHC)
Our courses are offered in a flexible varity of styles:
- Weekly Classes (See the Schedule)
- Holiday Workshops (Half day, Full Day, Multiday)
- From small to large groups (5 to 100+)
- Full-term courses
- Flexible schedules to suit any group
- Courses for various age groups (4-17)
Life Science (2020 Term 2)
- Time to learn how life works! We will dive into Biology this term.
- We will learn to use microscopes
- You will see if you can make a cockroach leg move by applying electricity to it!
- We might dissect a squid (including the ink sac)
- You will learn how your digestive system works
- We will look at cells, DNA, and so much more!
Fire Fight Bot II (2020 Term 2)
- Australia is suffering from one of the worst bushfire disasters in its history.
- Many animals have died, homes have been lost, and people have died fighting the fires.
- Robots can and do save lives!
- Robots can go places, and do things humans can’t do, or aren’t safe to do.
- Students will use 3D printers and a laser cutter to manufacture the parts they need to build their own Fire Fighting Robot!
- Students will finish the course by testing their robot against a real fire!
- NOTE: This is a big project and will require 2 terms to complete it (This is Part 2 of 2)
Sound Science (2020 Term 3)
- Learn about the incredible physics of sound!
- Break glass with sound!
- Fool your ears!
- Make sound waves you can see!
- And Much More….
Virtual Instrument (2020 Term 3)
- Build your own electric guitar or piano!
- Learn how the touch screen on phones and tablets work, then make your own!
- You will use a laser cutter to make the body of your piano or guitar, then add the touch sensors, and finally connect it all to an Arduino to bring it to life!
Space Science II (2020 Term 4)
- There is so much to Xplore with Science of Flight!
- Air pressure, resistance, turbulence
- The physics of wing design
- Do experiments to discover the best propeller design
- Make a jet engine!
Hologram Wand (2020 Term 4)
- Build a magic wand that you can wave around in the air to create a holographic message!
- Human vision is slow, we continue to see things even after they have moved, this is how movies and videos work.
- It is called Persistence of Vision.
- You will take advantage of this and create a wand with multiple LEDs that turn on and off so fast,
your eyes will think they see a message floating in the air!
Scroll to Top