Incredible Insects (Ages 4-18)
Explore the incredible world of live Australian insects and arachnids in this fun hands-on workshop.
Can you correctly identify dangerous Australian spiders in the wild? Take our interactive in-class quiz to find out!
Learn to make a scientific sketch, feed the insects, and test your assumptions about Australian wildlife.
Handle live insects and microfauna for an unforgettable experience that will inspire a love for entomology and biology.
Students will have the amazing opportunity to:
- Handle live insects in class
- Overcome their fear and unlock their curiosity for these incredible creatures.
- Learn to make a scientific sketch from a live specimen
- Feed the insects and study their unique habits
- Discover the life cycles and behaviors of different insects and arachnids.
- Test their assumptions about Australian wildlife through an interactive quiz.
This engaging and fun-filled workshop is the perfect way to inspire a love for entomology and biology among students, while providing them with a truly unforgettable experience handling and learning about these fascinating live creatures.
- To introduce students to the diversity of live Australian insects and arachnids.
- To teach students how to safely handle and study live insects and arachnids.
- To provide students with the opportunity to make a scientific sketch of a live specimen.
- To teach students about the life cycles and behaviors of different insects and arachnids.
- To challenge students' assumptions about Australian wildlife through an interactive quiz.
- Students will be able to identify and describe different types of Australian insects and arachnids.
- Students will be able to handle live insects and arachnids with confidence and safety.
- Students will be able to create a scientific sketch of a live specimen.
- Students will have a better understanding of the life cycles and behaviors of different insects and arachnids.
- Students will have a better understanding of Australian wildlife and its diversity.
- Students will have fun and be inspired to learn more about entomology and biology.
Dates and Locations
Group Size: The show-style is suited to groups of 5 - 30 students.
The extended workshop has a maximum of 2 groups of 15 children, with 2 classes running back-to-back.
Length can be adjusted to suit group requirements
Minimum group booking of $700 required
Request a Workshop
Prerequisites: None. Introductory course – no prior experience or skills needed.
Materials Required: None. All are provided.